Last weekend... remember?

This weekend... a new machine!
You also see a new rug. The problem with the old machine was water leaking all over the floor, therefore the new rug.
So, this post was supposed to be about our new washing machine. As most things do, however, it has transmogrified into a post about our kitties. Since I haven't been able to do the wash since before I went to Illinois, I have piles and baskets of dirty laundry lined up which makes all the little four-hoofied critters very happy.Below you see the sheets from Shirin and Gabriel's bed waiting for their turn. Obi settled in first and soon thereafter Tippy joined him. What is the attraction of a pile of sheets on the table when there are couches and kitty beds everwhere?

As Chappu is deciding whether to stay, Obi is wondering if he is going to be the middle of a kitty sandwich.

I will leave this pile last in the washing queue.






2 comments:
Nice to see your new washing machine and dryer. I'm glad that you didn't try to do your wash at a laundromat. The last time we visited you, you were busy doing laundry for the girls so we went to a local place in Rock Hill and paid $4.50/load. I was shocked. And that's what poor people have to do all the time. At least campgrounds don't charge so much....
- Your Big Sis
Yes I feel very fortunate to have at my fingertips all the appliances to make life easy. We also had enough clothes and towels and things to make it all those days without doing laundry. These comforts and advantages I notice daily; I feel both grateful and a bit guilty. It's the luck of the draw I guess, that I live this life of ease while others walk five miles with a bucket on their heads to obtain water. But I do love my new machine; today it's still working hard as I do all the bedding for Anahita, Shirin and Cyrus' upcoming visit.
Post a Comment