Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Book Club December Dinner

Our book club reads and discusses a book each month except for the month of December. Due to the holidays and busy schedules we meet as usual, but only for dinner at a nice restaurant, a book swap, and socializing. This year we ate at Cafe Monte, a French bistro. Leila decided on this place because it's close to where we usually meet in Charlotte and she knows I drive in from RH and don't want to be driving all over Charlotte trying to find new places in the dark. She is very considerate. There were only a couple of options for the vegetarian customer; I chose a pizza with French cheese, tomatoes and fresh basil, ate half and will eat the rest for lunch today. I brought three books to swap and came home with a different three. And we laughed a lot! Two of our core group couldn't come due to family obligations so that left...

...six of us. L - R: Leila, Leila's mom Anne, Julie, Joanna, and Rona.

Here they are pretending to be reading at the table. Silly.

Leila's half Palestinian, married to a Morrocan and has twin girls, Rona's half Turkish, and all the ladies are well educated and work in Charlotte. One's a professor, two are lawyers, and the other two work for Bank of America. So I connect with each of them in different ways: the Middle Eastern connection (Leila and Rona), the animal rescue and vegetarian connection (Julie rescues and has cats and she's a pesco vegetarian), the twin girl connection, and so on. I feel really fortunate to have met such a nice group of bright women with whom to share the love of books.

No comments: