Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Christmas Snow

Our plans for Christmas weekend were to drive down to Atlanta to pick up Anahita from the airport, go to the Persian store to shop and Persian restaurant to eat, and to visit Tannaz and her family which was supposed to include her brother Salar, his wife and child from England, and her mom and of course husband Masih. Shirin and Gabriel were going to drive in from FL and meet up at Tannaz's house for a big family get together. Instead, it snowed and sleeted, preventing Salar from flying in at all, and forced us to pick up Tita at the airport and turn right around and drive straight home to RH before everything iced over. We woke up to a winter wonderland.

Anahita stands amongst some snowy giants in our front yard.

We began work on our snowman. Here Tita is working on his head.

Stick arms...

... pine cone eyes, carrot nose, leaf mouth, and a green wagon wheel hat.

Anahita gives Moe the kiss of life.

Posing with Moe.

We came back inside to thaw out and found the downstairs kitties snoozing.

Obi stretches out after I wake him up with the flash.

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

4 comments:

Gabriel Beal said...

Soo pretty. I hope I can make it soon despite the bad weather. Our Christmas in FL was in the 70s.
-Shirin

Ingrid said...

The sooner the better :-)

Tita said...

That was so much fun! :) I loved it.

Ingrid said...

It WAS fun. It's been a few years since I built a snowman. It's predicted to snow a little again tonight but not stick. :-(