I'd been watching this particular spider all summer. She hung out in the upper left corner of the kitchen window between the screen and the glass. At some point she began building these 'balls' which I guessed were egg sacs. In late summer there seemed to be some activity but I couldn't really see much; she was behind the wooden part of the window ledge. I wedged the camera up between the window and the screen and could just barely snap these pictures.
Babies! Can you see the cuties?
I'm not real sure what all that stuff is, and what the smaller yellow 'balls' are. Any spider experts out there? It was a lot of fun to watch her activities. It's cold now and she's gone of course... I wonder where all her babies went? Maybe one of them will set up house in the same spot. I'll be able to say, "I knew your mama!"
3 comments:
Hmmm...I like spiders, in theory. But, I sure hate how MANY there are on my back porch. I feel hesitant to let Cyrus romp around on the patio because of them. Nevertheless, I wish the best for your little spiders. :)
-Shirin
Remember that poem I wrote about the spider I killed? I have a real love hate relationship with spiders. I respect them but I sure don't want them near me!
I do remember that poem. It was really good. I wonder if you should write poetry on the side and see if you can get it published. Even if it didn't get published it would be a wonderful artistic outlet for you.
Post a Comment