Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Weekend Visit During The Week

Although I had to work, it was nice to come home to hang out with family Wednesday and Thursday of last week. Gabriel drove up to put in place an electronic medical records system for our friend Mehrdad, and Shirin and the boys came along. While Gabriel was at Mehrdad's office, Saeed was at Winthrop, and I was at work, Shirin and the boys hung out at home. When we all returned home it was play time! We also managed to squeeze in two Catan games, one each evening. You could say we are hooked. They left early Friday morning so Gabriel could go back to work.

Wednesday evening Cyrus and I played with these blocks from one of Saeed's old neuropsych testing kits he no longer uses. Cyrus was learning about pyramids - what they are and how to build them. Next time he comes I'm giving him a quiz.

Although Cyrus has come with us to the Sahara Mediterranean restaurant before it was Shirin and Gabriel's first time. Kai is looking lovingly at Shirin across the table.

We rave about the soup and they liked it too.

Saeed is never happier than when his daughters are home.

The bread monster can never have enough - a piece in each hand and lookin' for more.

The next day Shirin wanted to stop in at a local vet office to touch base sans toddler, so Cyrus came to eat lunch with me at my office. My coworkers got to see Shirin and Kai too, and couldn't stop talking about how cute the kids are. This is Dr. Garcia's old office which we've turned into a small lunchroom. Right next to the window are the bushes where I found Teddie 10 years ago. I told Cyrus about Teddie, and the story of finding a cold scared kitty and taking her home to be loved entertained him the whole time. "Cold... scared... go home with Nama. Happy now."

Shirin lugged both kids around all afternoon visiting old friends, meeting one at the library. Below you see Cyrus' crown which he made during story hour at the library.

So now it's the weekend and I feel like a got to cheat by having them here last week. A regular work week has never been so fun!

One last pic - after everyone goes home I pick up and set my house back in order. I had spread out a blanket on the twin bed in Cyrus' room, put his bath toys on it and walked away. When I came back in I noticed tell-tale signs of kitty investigation. I think they too like to see everything back in its quiet neat order... especially the quiet.

1 comment:

Gabriel Beal said...

Yes, we had a lot of fun too. Thanks for letting us crash your work week.
-Shirin